1 Jan 2013

Perspective


         Last night I watched the film Julie & Julia, about an American Housewife who vows to master her heroine's famous recipes in one year and maintain a daily blog about her experiences. If ever a film could inspire a blogger, that movie would be the best.
Therefore, I make a vow of my own. I'd like to do the same, but instead of writing about my cooking experiences, I'll give my mature perspective about daily life. I'd like to include how life influences my emotions, yet retain the knowledge that other people might see events differently. 
                            
                               6509 Unisphere, New York Woelds Fair

Empathy for my characters gives the most joy when I write novels. In Still Rock Water, Liliha experiences visions. She's whisked away at inappropriate times to merge with another person who faces a difficult situation. Using whispered suggestions, she helps them work their way out of trouble. I search short news items and, if the story strikes a chord, I work out a plot based on the information.
Therefore, I'll use myself as the character and show how I perceived each coming day.
Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Okay. Good luck.

    Happy New Year!

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it will be fun to watch your project grow. I look forward to reading your posts in 2013. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what YOU think.